10.15.2010

YAY a new post (finally) & SOUP!

First off, I'd like to apologize for not posting in SO long. I'm very sorry about that, and I'll try my best not to let it happen again.

Lots has gone on since my last post, school, work, fun new projects... and babies! (not me, but good friends are having babies! It's quite exciting :) )

Anyways, about a month or so ago I had the pleasure of having dinner at a friend's. She made the most lovely soup. I call it "E's Yummy Cabbage Soup." Now, you ask any of my close friends and relatives, and they'll all tell you... I'm a picky eater. Very picky, and I definitely don't like cabbage.

Remember when you were little, and you didn't like things. Apparently tastes change... Who knew?!

So this soup is very yummy, hence the yummy in the title :) and E gave me permission to post it (Thanks E!) The soup is 100% vegetarian. I got everything but the Knorr veggie bouillon from Trader Joe's. You can find the bouillon at any supermarket, cheap. I made a double batch so I could foodsave and freeze for future lunches and dinners. So if you're making this, you wont have as much as what's in my pictures.

E's Yummy Cabbage Soup
In a stock pot on med-low:
Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed, then chopped
2 brown onions, diced

When translucent, add:

3/4 bag grated carrots

1 bag shredded green cabbage

1 bag French green beans, cut into 1" pieces like so:



3 large Knorr Vegetable Bouillon cubes

1 small potato, diced (I used 3 fingerling potatoes instead of a small potato)

6 cups water and boil until soft.

Add pepper to taste. I didn't feel the need to add salt because of the bouillon.

Enjoy!

Again, sorry for not posting in so long.


2 comments:

  1. Yumm this looks delicious! It's so hard to find good vegetarian soups but this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very good! Everyone that's tried it has liked it

    ReplyDelete