5.18.2010

Here goes...

At the end of March, while on spring break, I started the Couch to 5K program. It's essentially an interval training program. Five mins of warmup and cooldown (brisk walk), then intervals that help build endurance for long runs. I bought an application for my iPhone, that keeps time of each interval with a notification of when to run or walk. It tells me when I'm halfway done with my workout. The best thing about this app, is that I can listen to whatever music I have on my phone. It's perfect for me.

So, I started at the end of March. I basically got through 2 weeks, in 1 week. Which you're not supposed to do. But for the sake of time, I wanted to see if I could muster through running everyday for 6 days straight. I averaged about 2 miles a run... and figured I could maintain running 3 days a week like the program suggest once my break from school was over. Well, i started getting caught up in school work, and didn't run for a long time. Last week I decided to start where I left off. Ummm... ya, probably not the best idea...

Today, I'm going to start from the beginning. I'll log my running, route, and other stats into Traxee, a wonderful online community for women runners, and the generic info will show up in Traxee spot to the right.

I really want to enjoy running, and I probably like it more now than I ever have. I have a little running companion, Greta... She's gone on every run with me, and don't be fooled by her size... she can run faster and longer than I ever could.




She's most likely the reason I'm starting to like running. Seeing Greta get all excited when I go to put my running shoes on is a little more motivation for me. Because I care more about my dog's happiness than my own... makes sense right?


2 comments:

  1. Love little gretta's running attire! She's looks all ready to get her sweat on :) I stole the same traxee widget. That website is genius. Now if I can just remember to fill it out everyday. Looking forward to artichokes in three hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can update tonight when we're done :) That way neither of us will forget. If you bring the garmin I wont have to try to remember the route we go.

    ReplyDelete